What the Framework
WTF Framework is a functional abstraction over Slim Framework.
As WTF has backward compatibility with Slim and does not break or change any of Slim concepts, you have to be familiar with Slim Framework. If not - read Slim docs first.
WTF vision is to enable rapid development by defining bare minimum functionality and remaning as clean and lightweight as the Slim is.
Let’s check the following example:
|WTF Framework||Slim Framework|
Looks similar, huh?
- Gitlab CI/CD out-of-the box (no config)
- Dockerization out-of-the box (no config)
- Crash reporting and profiling out-of-the box (nearly zero configuration)
- Easily configurable
- Service layer with automated injection into context (through Pimple)
Basicly any plugin, library, etc. (3rdParty) is integrated with WTF trhough the Service Provider layer.
There are serveral service providers available:
wtf/orm- ORM library based on medoo with phinx migrations and seeds
wtf/html- template library based on Twig which includes flash messages, CSRF and many other useful stuff
wtf/rest- helper toolset for building REST APIs, eg: jwt integration
wtf/auth- authorization and authentication library which provides flexible way to define and use:
- JWT auth
- Session auth
- Cookie auth
- Social auth (coming soon)
- Role-Based Access Control
- Password manipulation